Sun-dried Tomato Quiche
- Serves: 6
- Vegetable spray
- 1 large baking potato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (3-ounce package)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped lean ham
- 1 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Coat a deep dish pie pan with vegetable spray.
Arrange potato slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of pie pan to form crust. Spray top of potatoes with vegetable spray.
Bake potato crust in oven for 20-25 minutes or until slightly brown and somewhat crisp.
- Remove crust from oven and sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, ham and cheese evenly on top of potato crust.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
In a large bowl beat together eggs, cream, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over crust and toppings.
Bake until quiche tests done and becomes slightly golden on top, about 40-50 minutes