Green Beans with French Herbs
- 1 Pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 Cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry oregano leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry tarragon
- 1/4 Teaspoon dry marjoram leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a covered saucepan, steam beans until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and scallions and sauté for 2 minutes.
Stir in beans and seasonings. Sauté and stir until all are heated throughout.
May be served hot or at room temperature. Portion size: ½ cup.