Roasted Root Vegetable Tidbit Skewers with Rosemary
- Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound celery root (celeriac), washed and peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound rutabagas, washed and peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots, washed and peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, washed and peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 onions, washed and peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 leeks (white and pale green parts only), washed and cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons washed and chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- Small wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Position 1 oven rack in bottom third of oven and 1 rack in center of oven and preheat to 400 °F. Spray 2 heavy large baking sheets generously with nonstick spray.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except garlic and wooden skewers in very large bowl; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide vegetable mixture between prepared sheets. Place 1 sheet on each oven rack. Roast 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reverse positions of baking sheets. Add 5 garlic cloves to each baking sheet.
Continue to roast until all vegetables are tender and brown in spots, stirring and turning vegetables occasionally, about 45 minutes longer. Refrigerate vegetables immediately.
About 20 minutes before serving, alternate cooked vegetables on presoaked skewers. Re-warm in preheated 450 °F oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.