Pumpkin Roasted with Georgia Pecans and Sage
- Serves: 8
- 1 medium cooking pumpkin or any variety of winter squash, washed, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or melted butter
- 1¼ cups Georgia pecan halves
- 3 large cloves garlic
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves, washed and patted dry
Preheat oven to 400 °F. Put pumpkin on rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Arrange in single layer.
Bake 20 minutes or until edges just begin to color and pieces becomes tender. Shake pan gently to test for sticking; release any stuck pieces with a flat spatula.
Sprinkle pecans, garlic, and sage leaves over pumpkin and toss gently. Roast 7 minutes longer and serve.