Linguine in Spicy Red Clam Sauce
- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 can (1 ounce) flat anchovies, drained, reserve the oil, chopped
- 2 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, drained with juices reserved
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, no-salt added
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped, fresh basil
Cook linguine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir in the pan for 30 seconds. Add pepper flakes, anchovies, reserved clam juice, tomatoes, olives and wine.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add clams, anchovy oil, green onions and basil. Simmer for 1 minute, or until heated through.
Drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately.