Turkey Monte Cristo
- Egg Batter
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup skim milk (or whole milk may be used)
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Slices French bread, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 4 Ounces Swiss cheese, sliced thin
- 16 Ounces COOKED or OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST, sliced thin
- 1/4 Cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- As needed unsalted butter
In a shallow container, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
For each sandwich, place 1/2-ounce cheese atop one slice French bread. Add 4 ounces sliced turkey, 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce and another 1/2-ounce cheese. Top all with second bread slice.
Repeat with all ingredients to assemble a total of 4 sandwiches.
Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg batter. On lightly greased hot griddle, over medium heat, cook sandwiches on both sides until lightly browned and cheese has melted.
Slice on the diagonal and serve immediately.